Simple Ownership Options for Solar Power
We partner with various reputable and FSCA registered institutions to enable us to provide a bespoke financial solution to your business. These include:
- Section 12B of the Income Tax Act provides for an accelerated capital allowance in respect of certain assets owned and used by a taxpayer in the generation of solar energy in the financial year of the expense.
- In practical terms, at a company tax rate of 28%, your business’ taxable income will be reduced with the full cost of the system, and your tax payable by 28% of such cost.
- The typical system has a payback period of between 3- 5 years
Gentricity provides operations and maintenance services at a fixed fee, which includes the following:
- Metering Service
- Portal Maintenance Fees
- Online Monitoring and Corrective Actions
- General Diagnostics and Problem Solving
- kVA Calculations and Monthly Reporting
- Annual Performance Summary
- Annual Inspection
- Cleaning (Twice a year)
- Site Call-Outs (2 x engineering, 2 x general)
- A performance warranty underwritten by an international insurance company guaranteeing 90% of the system’s projected performance, with comprehensive additional all-risk cover can be facilitated at an additional cost
Power purchase agreement (PPA)
A PPA is a contractual agreement between Gentricity and your business which enables you to buy 100% of our PV-produced electricity at a fixed tariff over a period, usually 20 years. Savings from day 1.
No capital outlay to the client, no ongoing maintenance costs involved.
The system is fully insured.
Rental / Lease to Own
Clients lease the solar panels and components at a fixed rated for the period of the agreements, usually 20 years. Savings from day 1.
Again there is no capital outlay, set-up, or ongoing costs involved.
A performance warranty underwritten by an international insurance company guaranteeing 90% of the system’s projected performance.
The term of the agreement can be between 3 – 20 years as per specific needs.
A bespoke financial design to suit your specific needs, combining a PPA/Lease option with a reduced capital contribution.
Speak to us for an affordable long term solution to enable you to save on your energy costs.
The capital contribution can be the equivalent of the Section 12B benefit that optimises any cashflows received from SARS. This effects larger savings from day 1, with a significant acceleration to full ownership.
We currently have a 6 month payment holiday offering on this option.
Home Owners Associations & Body Corporates
This product, an Electricity Supply Agreement, is specifically aligned with the Sectional Titles Act
- Immediate savings from day one
- No capex, ongoing maintenance costs or insurance costs allowing
- Pay-as-you-go by only paying for what you use (no take-or-pay)
- Buy-out clause at regular intervals
- Flexible contract terms to suit various needs
- No technology risk since there is no capital outlay